Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hey, buddy can you spare a dime? a quarter?

This is a first (for me)! Yesterday was errand day - library, post office, Henderson's book store, lunch in town, etc., etc., etc. So, it's a dime here and a quarter there for the parking meter. I know -- Bellingham's meters are cheap compared to say New York City or San Francisco and we usually have lots of parking spaces to drop our coins into (unlike New York City or San Francisco). And I carry a roll of quarters in the car for such expenses. But, I don't carry a lot of memory cells and forgot to feed the meter at ONE of the many stops ---- and got caught with a $10 fine. It didn't seem to matter that I had left many, many minutes at the post office, the library, the lunch in town --- nope, all the meters are hungry and need to be feed - again and again and again. This was a first for me --- but as I get older I bet it won't be the last. Ah, where was I? Oh right, hey buddy, can you spare a gal a dime?

No comments:

Post a Comment