Saturday, April 20, 2013

Write - edit - proof - edit some more

Where the heck have I been, you ask? Writing, writing, writing. I'm writing a book -- NO, I've written a book. And with that comes all kinds of things:
the writing (of course)
the editing
the proof reading
more editing
selections
polishing the writing
how I want it to look as opposed to how it will look
etc. etc. etc.

then comes:
how the heck do I get it into the hands of the powers that be?
a steep learning curve on the "how to's" to publishing
the second guessing -- really? a book? etc. etc. etc.

If you've ever been to my other site (and I hope you have), Attic Whispers, you know I love to discover the old, sepia photos that have a story to tell. The vignettes are simple slices of who these people might have been and what they may have done in their lives. It's all fiction, of course - that's what makes it fun (for me and hopefully for the reader, too).

Now that you know what I've been up to (and up to my neck in alligators) you'll understand why this site has taken the back seat and at the bottom of my list of things to do. I haven't completely forgotten about Sam's Amusing World - heck, I stop by now and then to see if anything new has cropped up in my absence. But, for now (and the next 3 months) "THE BOOK" has my full attention. The working title of my new book is Lost & Found.  That's all I'm going to say for now about "THE BOOK" but I will keep you posted on developing events - just not for the next 3 months.  Thank you, Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment