Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Interesting - or is it?



I'm in the process of finishing my book, Lost and Found and after some research (actually after much research) I discovered an interesting bit of information. At least it's interesting to me. Do you know the break down of fund distribution from a book sale? That's one book sold. Here is a small sample:

40% = The Book Store - Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.  They stock their shelves and sell
7-8% = The Literary Agent - finds the publisher and may help in editing
43% = The Publisher - they edit, proof, print, promote and distribute the book
10% = The Author - writes the book, edits the book, proofreads the book, edits the book some more, finishes manuscript in the "correct" format for publisher, begs agent to represent the book, helps promote the book

What's wrong with this picture?
I'm a bit surprised we have any books left to read
(guess I better not quit my day job)


No comments:

Post a Comment