Monday, September 14, 2009

Seattle Time

We spent the last few days in Seattle. Not for fun - but for a hospital visit for a few days. I could rant and rave about the hospital (they need some organizational skills put in place) but I won't.

Our hotel was only a couple of blocks from the institution with Freeway Park across the street and a wonderful way to walk up the hill to the hospital. The grounds are very well maintained and safe, the daily worker bees sweep the walkways and racked the grass. The landscaping features a variety of towering trees, even a few redwoods here and there. The walkways were designed to wander pass large garden structures, waterfalls and greenery. The peacefulness of the park was just what I needed and amazed me knowing that just under me was a roaring freeway traveling through the Big City of Seattle. Thanks Seattle, I needed that. However, it was heaven arriving home - no traffic jams, less people rushing around, and an oasis just north of this busy, busy city.


No comments:

Post a Comment