Sunday, October 10, 2010

I've mentioned before (and more than once, I'm sure) that I'll be selling my journals at the Bellingham Allied Arts Holiday Festival again this year, from November 20th to December 24th. And for the last 4-5 months I've been trying to come up with a different look for my booth than last year's display. The hook was to have a hanging shelf above the product boxes to display a row of my journals --- but how to do it was beyond me and my budget. I searched the web for inspiration, ideas and a DIY project. I picked the minds of family members to help with a solution. And, yet, nothing seemed to work - or work that I could do, afford and then be able to carry & set up myself.

Until I visited our local restore once more (you know the kind of place: dusty, used, recyclable products with overall wearing contractors walking around who seem to know what they're looking at and what they can do with it). I found a large, used bulletin board covered in ripped wallpaper. It was light weight - has stable backing - the right size (and would just fit in my tiny car trunk (I measured twice) - and only $12. SOLD!

The wallpaper removal only took an hour before heading to the lumber store for the rest of the pieces to put this standing backboard together with an attached shelf. Then it's paint, some fabric to cover and wal-la I'll have my new booth ready for the show. You can see the before pictures above -- the after pictures will be forth coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment