Saturday, April 10, 2010

Practice Practice Practice

Recently, I started a photography class at Jessica Sprague.com with Candice Stringham called Oh! Shoot. When I gave myself a new digital camera with all the bells and whistles, I was totally overwhelmed, confused and it sat in the box for a couple of months. Not so anymore!

I've got that puppy out and playing with all its features and I'm actually learning what they are, where they are, and how they work. I'm in week 3 of the class and the above photo is from this week's assignment --- manual mode and metering. The Big M's! Yikes ---- it took a while, but the information and instruction finally sunk in and I had fun with it.

With our couple of weeks of overcast, cloudy, rainy days, it was great getting outside, yesterday, in the sunshine and shooting. We have the perfect weather to be out and about -- chilly, sunny and amazing clouds floating above. Now, to get myself down to the tulip fields and take this new camera & knowledge with me to capture some color and maybe spot an eagle or two. (plus remembering all the fun we had last year tip toeing through the tulips.)

1 comment:

  1. what great skills you are learning... a certain photographer will be glad to have you to chat with (i kind of glaze over). I'd love to see some before and afters!

    ReplyDelete